Saturday, May 28, 2011

Traveling to Addis

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
17-18 May 2011

I am running out of travel money so I am economizing by taking the cheapest flights possible but this also involves some long out of the way routes and layovers. For example, I left Dakar on Tuesday afternoon and got to Dubai on Wednesday morning for a 10 hour layover. It wasn't too bad as I ended up hanging out in the massive airport gorging myself on Cinnabons, Burger King, and Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream. I savored every bite of my whopper (my last was in December), but a couple hours later my stomach started to complain about all the fat and other crap found in American food. Another great thing about the Dubai Airport is the free wifi throughout the kilometers of inside walkways. I was able to Skype, email, and play around online to help pass the time. The stores were great too with many great deals on quality merchandise- better than anything I have seen in Africa. Finally in the evening I caught my flight to Addis arriving just after dark to the sweet cool mountain air.

No comments:

Post a Comment