Thursday, December 22, 2011

Classes next semester

Next semester I am registered for the following classes:

-Ethics and International Relations
-International Development and Finance
-Problems and Issues in Contemporary Africa
-Conflicts and State Building in Africa
-Tennis & Golf

While living in Africa I often wondered why people did what they did or if there we different ethical standards, so the ethics class should be interesting.  IMF and World Bank have featured prominently in classes on African history and I figured I should learn more. One of the main reasons I chose BU for grad school is the variety of Africa focused classes offered and I am looking forward to classes this spring discussing Truth & Reconciliation Commissions and conflict resolution in post-conflict societies.  Tennis should be fun- every embassy I visited in Africa had a tennis court so I am looking forward to learning how to play.  I played a couple rounds of golf in Kenya & Cameroon and could always work on my swing- why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment