Thursday, August 26, 2010

New cell phone

Dar Es Salaam, 23 August 2010

We mostly hung out in Dar today and took it easy. We got the hotel reservations set up for Lusaka, Victoria Falls, and Lilongwe and tried to get ready for the long train ride from Dar to Livingston, Zambia. The trip is expected to take 40 hours if we don't break down, if we do break down this trip make take several days.

I also bought a new cell phone, a Samsung dual line touch screen phone for 400,000 shillings and got it hooked up for data so i can hit facebook, Twitter, the Internet, and my emails. I chose vodacom for my service and usually it costs 1 shilling per second, but six times as much for a call to the states.

After dinner we cruised out to a shopping center on the beach and enjoyed ice cream cones while we watched the sun set. Tanzania and Dar Es Salaam are amazing and very peaceful. I definitely want to come back for an extended stay in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment