Friday, June 24, 2011

SA Day 3

Pretoria, SA
17 June 2011

I spent much of the day wandering around Pretoria, amazed at how green and clean it was. The government buildings and embassies were nice, and I saw the most white people that I had seen in South Africa at the Bulls Rugby Stadium where I ate lunch. The restaurant looks over the practice pitch where we saw several players jogging around. Everybody was excited because the following day was the traditional rivalry/grudge match against the Sharks. Tickets sold out weeks ago and everyone I talked too said it should be a good match, but of course the Bulls would be victorious. Fortunately the night before Invictus was on tv so I was up on my rugby. I "get" rugby and have a lot of respect for the players but Cricket is still a total mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment