Saturday, April 10, 2010

Return of the FloMaster






One of the saddest days of my recent life was when i broke my favorite surfboard and had to turn it in to get repaired- if possible. When I finally got the phone call that it had been saved and was ready to pick up i was anxious, excited, and a little worried. Those butterflies accompanied me to my local surf shop where the scarred board was waiting.

The repairs were awesome- the shop owner showed me with pride how a large section of foam had been replaced as well as about a 12" section of the stringer, but the craftsman ("artist" really) was able to keep the concave of the board and not add any extra weight. He was even able to save most of the graphics, but i asked him not to color match the repaired area. I wanted a scar, a permanent reminder that if i do something stupid, like take a longboard into overhead closeouts, eventually something bad will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment