Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Big Idea

I am preparing for a year-long African adventure starting this summer- i will be based out of Dakar, Senegal and will try to visit as many countries as possible with my budget of $40,000. My initial plan is to surf around the continent in as many countries as possible, but will check out other places in Africa as well. I am planning a Feb or March Kilimanjaro ascent as well as tour of the Rift Valley.

I am preparing for this year long expedition by studying French full time and surfing as much as possible in different conditions so I can be ready for whatever the African surf throws at me. I already speak Portuguese (i lived in Rio de Janeiro for a couple years) so i should be able to make it around the continent without any problem communicating with the locals.

-Arnie

No comments:

Post a Comment