Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why Santa Cruz is crowded

Yesterday I had some time after a French test so I took off to find a decent break to surf & relax (my grades got a lot better when I started surfing 3-4 times per week). The forecast called for closeouts & poor conditions in town so I worked my way to Santa Cruz. Where I live was overhead closeouts with occasional smaller in between (how I buckled my board yesterday).




Outside of Santa Cruz looked like this:



But in Santa Cruz it looked like this:

On a Wednesday at 11am during a regular workweek. Beautiful waves but 50-60 people in the water. Those that fought to get on it had to maneuver around the chumps further down so it was hard to get a decent ride & enjoy it. So I packed up and went home and busted my board on my last wave of the day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment